Certificate III in Data and Voice Communications
Course OutlineThe Certificate III in Data and Voice Communications is an apprenticeship based qualification which is ideal for new entrants wishing to start in the industry or for experienced technicians who want to upskill to take advantage of new and emerging technologies in the Telecommunications or Electronic Security industries.
This apprenticeship has been designed to provide a technician training in multiple technical areas including but not limited to:
- Cabling registration (Licensing)
- Installation of specialist network cabling both copper and fibre
- IP Networking – Design and construct
- Wireless Networking – Design and construct
- Intruder alarm systems and introduction to PLC systems
- Telecommunications Technician
- Electronic Security Technician
- Network Engineering
- Network Designer
Who can study?There are no entry requirements for this course. However, Language, Literacy & Numeracy Assessments will be undertaken
upon commencement to determine if any additional support strategies are required.
For more information re our LLN click here
Course DeliveryThis course is delivered at Comtech facilities located around Australia
For the location of our facilities click here
The qualification is comprised of a number of short courses spread out over a period of time including:
- Time in class completing face to face training and assessments
- Online content for experienced technicians and for revision
- On the job training and assessment
Comtech will conduct an evaluation and produce an individualised training plan for each student.
As this qualification is based on an apprenticeship the duration required depends upon the experience and qualifications that the technician already has.
A Comtech Training assessor will advise of the expected duration required and this will be reflected in the training plan.
Time spent in class will also be dependent upon the technicians experience and qualifications.
This is expected to be between 30 and 40 days over the full period of the apprenticeship
Additional online training and revision will be required coupled with site visits for training and assessments.
Course 1 – Introduction to Data and Voice1. UEENEEC016B Participate in voice and data communications work and competency development activities
2. UEENEEE101A Apply Occupational Health and Safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace
3. UEENEEE137A Document and apply measures to control OHS risks associated with electro-technology work
4. UEENEEE102A Fabricate, assemble and dismantle utilities industry components
5. UEENEEE104A Solve problems in d.c. circuits
6. UEENEEE105A Fix and secure electro-technology equipment
Course 2 – Telecommunications Networks7. UEENEEE107A Use drawings, diagrams, schedules, standards, codes and specifications
8. UEENEEE108A Lay wiring/cabling and terminate accessories for extra-low voltage (ELV) circuits
9. UEENEEF102A Install and maintain cabling for multiple access to telecommunication services
Successful completion of Course 1 and Course 2 will also provide a
technician with the necessary units of competency to apply for an
Open Registration (Cabling License) if required.
Course 3 – Network Infrastructures10. UEENEEF104A Install and modify performance data communication copper cabling
11. UEENEEF105A Install and modify optical fibre performance data communication cabling
Successful completion of Course 1 and Course 3 will provide a
technician with the necessary units of competency to apply for a
Structured Cabling and Optical Fibre Endorsement on their Open
Registration (Cabling License) if required.
Course 4 – Design and Construct an IP Network12. UEENEEF114A Set up and configure basic data communication systems
13. UEENEED146A Set up and configure basic local area network (LAN)
14. UEENEEF109A Install and connect data and voice communication equipment
15. UEENEEF110A Select and arrange data and voice equipment for local area networks
16. UEENEEF111A Test, report and rectify faults in data and voice installations
17. UEENEED102A Assemble, set-up and test computing devices
Course 5 – Intruder Alarm Systems/Introduction to PLC`s18. UEENEEH150A Assemble and set up basic security systems
19. ICTTEN320 Commission an electronic unit
20. ICTTEN321 Maintain an electronic system
Course 6 – Design and Construct a Wireless Network21. UEENEEF107A Set up and configure the wireless capabilities of communications and data storage devices
22. UEENEEF108A Select and arrange equipment for wireless communication networks
Course 7 – Work in your Industry23. UEENEEH114A Troubleshoot resonance circuits in an electronic apparatus
24. UEENEEK142A Apply environmentally and sustainable procedures in the energy sector
Course Cost$7700 (GST not applicable)
This course can be paid off in 24 easy instalments by using debit success – the total cost is $8064.16
Duration: 24 monthly instalments of $335.59 plus a once-off $10 establishment fee
You can apply for the easy payment option once you have submitted your enrolment form. If your application for the easy payment plan is for any reason declined you have the option to cancel the course without incurring any fees.