Comtech Training have partnered with Tandem to provide HSE training for their telecommunications subcontractors.
Comtech Training’s HSE training has been specifically designed as a cost-effective way to minimise subcontractors' time out of the field, whilst still allowing them to gain mandatory Tandem HSE certification.
Tandem HSE training is delivered via the following methods:
- Face‑to‑face practical assessment
The online theory component (eLearning) can be completed at any time, with enrolment expiring after 90 days.
The practical assessment is completed in one day (8am ‑ 5pm). The online theory component, must be completed prior to enrolling in a practical assessment.
Note: Tandem require that the Initial HSE Training is completed every 3 years. Refresher training must be completed annually in the 2 subsequent years. For Jumper Runners, refresher training must be completed every 3 years.
Locations for practical assessments
1 day practical assessments are conducted in the following locations:
- WA - 223 Star Street, Welshpool, WA 6106
- SA - CITC, 491 South Road, Regency Park, SA 5010
- VIC - 200 Lorimer Street, Port Melbourne, Vic 3207
- Sydney - 7-9 Underwood Road, Homebush, NSW 2140
- Newcastle - 115 Griffiths Road, Lambton, NSW 2299
- QLD - CTC, Building 4, 460 Beaudesert Road, QLD 4107
How to enrol in a course
Step 1: Complete our online Course Enrolment form
- Choose a course from the course menu (top right of this page).
- Click on the View Schedules button (bottom of the page).
- Click on the Register button.
- Fill in the Course Enrolment form. To complete the form, you will need to have your Unique Student Identifier (USI) (if you don’t have one, please click here), identification (e.g. a driver’s license) and proof of residency (e.g. a passport, a Medicare card).
- Once you have completed all required details, click the Submit button (bottom of the page).
- Click the Online Training button. This will take you to our online Learning Management System (LMS).
Step 2: Create an account on our LMS
- Click on the Create new account button (bottom right of the page).
- Fill in the New account form and click the Create my new account button. (An email will be sent to you automatically.)
- Open the email and click on the link supplied to confirm your new LMS account.
Note: If you are a current or past Comtech student with an existing LMS account, please skip this step and log in using your existing user name and password.
Step 3: Complete the Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) – Pre-course Check
- Log into the LMS using your user name and password.
- Click on the link - Please click here to complete the Comtech LLN Pre-course Check on your Dashboard page.
- Complete the elearning module as instructed.
Step 4: Pay for your course
- Click on the Tandem logo on your Dashboard page.
- Select the course you wish to enrol in.
- Pay for your course using PayPal.
- Once your payment is approved, your enrolment is complete and you may proceed with your online learning.
Once the online content is completed please call 1300 881 004
to book a practical assessment