1. Cabling Registration Skill Set – WA only
Thanks to the ever expanding nbn™ network in Australia, the telecommunications industry has grown exponentially and now requires technicians in the following areas:
- Cabling and Network Infrastructure Technicians
- Network Engineers
- Cyber Security Professionals
- Electronic Security Technicians
- Audio Visual (AV) Technicians.
If you are interested in a career in any of the above, then this hands-on, practical-focused training is where you start. It is designed to take a student with minimum or no experience through the technical requirements to start their new career. Students will learn how to install and test telecommunications cabling and outlets using specialist tools and test equipment and much more.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to then get the practical knowledge to apply for an Open Cabling Registration (License) to work in the telecommunications industry in Australia.
This two-week course at Comtech’s state of the art Welshpool training centre is delivered in collaboration with the Department of Training and Workforce Development (DTWD) in WA.
The normal price of this training is $2000, but with funding provided by DTWD, the price is heavily reduced or may be free.
This course is heavily subsidised by the WA State Government through the Department of Work force training and development (DTWD)
There are two payment types:
- Fee-free training must meet eligibility criteria below
- Subsidised training
- Are you aged between 15-24 years and not enrolled in secondary school?
- Are you receiving JobSeeker or JobKeeper?
- Are you receiving or a dependent of a person receiving Youth Allowance, AUSTUDY or ABSTUDY?
- Do you hold, or are you a dependent of a person who holds:
- a Pensioner Concession Card or Health Care Card
- a Repatriation Health Benefits Card issued by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs?
- Are you a dependent of persons who are inmates of a custodial institution?
If you answered yes to any of the above eligibility requirements, you will be eligible for fee-free training.
Please note students attending high school do not qualify for any subsidies.
If you did not answer yes, you are still eligible to complete the training. Please see the fee table below.
|Eligible for fee-free training||No charge|
|Eligible for concession||$81.60|
|Eligible for subsidised training||$275.40|
* Conditions apply, please contact us for more information.
** The Student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees may apply such as Student service and resource fees.
The skill set is delivered full time over 2 weeks.
Please contact our Training Centre for the next course start date.
- ICTTEN208 Use electrical skills when working with telecommunications networks
- ICTTEN202 Use hand and power tools
- ICTWHS204 Follow work health and safety and environmental policy and procedures
- ICTCBL247 Install, maintain and modify customer premises communications cabling: ACMA Open Rule
This skill set is delivered as a combination of face-to-face training, which includes both theory and practical assessments, online self-directed study and support sessions in the training centre.
This skill set provides credit towards ICT30519 Certificate III in Telecommunications Technology.
The training package does not have any entry requirements for this skill set, although this qualification may not be suitable for students who are colour blind.
Additionally, all students will need to undertake a language, literacy and numeracy assessment prior to commencing this qualification.
|Cabling Registration Skill Set – WA only||08/08/2022 – 19/08/2022 FT (PER)||08:00 am – 04:30 pm||WELSHPOOL||16||$0.00|