Government Funding and Subsidised Training
Subsidies are available in some states for courses and qualifications.
Subsidised training may be available for you to complete a qualification or gain skill sets at a reduced cost.
For more information on available subsidies in your state click on the relevant link below.
Or, you can speak to us on 1300 371 130 to find out about any subsidies that may be available.
Department of Training and Workforce Development
The Department of Training and Workforce Development (DTWD) is the government agency responsible for managing vocational education and training in Western Australia.
They do this by:
- managing public resources in the State vocational education and training system;
- planning, funding and monitoring publicly funded training;
- administering the apprenticeship and traineeship system in Western Australia through their Apprenticeship Office;
- coordinating and implementing professional development across the training system; and
- providing advice on curriculum.
New South Wales
Smart and Skilled
Smart and Skilled is a reform of the NSW Vocational Education and Training (VET) system. It’s helping people in NSW get the skills they need to find a job and advance their careers.
Smart and Skilled provides eligible students with:
- an entitlement to government-subsidised training up to and including Certificate III
- government funding for higher-level courses (Certificate IV and above) in targeted priority areas.
The ACT Australian Apprenticeship training initiative includes both apprenticeships and traineeships.
The Australian Apprenticeships initiative combine practical work with structured learning and lead to a nationally recognised qualification.