About the Security Technician Certification program
The Australian Security Industry Association Ltd (ASIAL) in conjunction with Comtech Training are delivering the Security Technician Certification (STC) training program nationally.
Designed to provide a career pathway for security technicians, the Security Technician Certification program is also a proactive initiative to attract and retain appropriately skilled workers capable of meeting the future needs of the industry.
What is the program?
The STC program is a national recognition program initiated by ASIAL to recognise technicians who have the relevant industry experience and training; it will become the benchmark for electronic security training in Australia.
Attracting appropriately skilled workers has always been a priority for electronic security providers. However, growing competition for workers from other industry sectors means that it is increasingly important that employers have in place strategies to attract and retain the ‘right’ people.
Added to this, technological developments such as the roll out of the National Broadband Network and the emergence of IP-based solutions are driving changes to the skill sets required by security technicians.
The STC program credential is a technical certification program that covers:
- Cabling practices
- IP networking
How does it work?
The STC program course is delivered online and combines self-paced study with online assessments.
- The technician enrols in a course via the course links on this page.
- Once they create an online account with Comtech Online Training (ASIAL) and pay for their course, they are automatically enrolled and have immediate access to the course materials.
- On completion of the required learning and assessments, the technician must submit evidence that proves they meet the course re-requisites
- Once their evidence is approved, a Certificate of Completion is automatically awarded and registered with ASIAL.
Enrolling in this course
Select course link below and follow the instructions given to begin.
The Security Technician Certification program :
- Level 1 – Certified Security Technician (CST)