Combined Cabling Endorsement Course
Course OutlineThis course is designed to provide practical knowledge in the telecommunications cabling industry. These three units of competency cover the essential requirements for a technician to gain the three important mandatory endorsements they need to add to their Open Registration to work on the following cabling systems.
- Structured Cabling (SCS) ICTCBL301 Install, terminate and certify structured cabling installation.
- Optical Fibre (OF) ICTCBL322 Install, test and terminate optical fibre cable on customer premises.
- Coaxial Cabling (CO) ICTCBL303 Install and terminate coaxial cable.
Course OutcomeUpon successful completion, students will be provided with a Statement of Attainment for the four units of competency listed above. The Four units of competency
can also be credit transferred towards ICT30519 Certificate III in Telecommunications Technology
There are two ways to complete the Combined Endorsement course
- Day Courses – 5 Full Days 8:00am – 4:30 pm
- Evenings – 2 nights per week for 5 Weeks 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Course ContentThis course is based on Australian Standards, the two mandatory ones are available here free of charge for downloading and printing
Copper UTP and Coaxial
- Understanding digital transmission
- UTP, FTP, shielding, earthing.
- Structured cabling components
- Connector types and modules
- Categories and Transmission Performance
- Understanding RF Frequencies
- Installation and termination practices
- Class C, Class D, Class E Permanent Links and Channel Testing requirements and techniques.
- Fibre Installation practices and safety
- Understanding light propagation
- Transmission characteristics
- Fusion splicing
- Mechanical splicing
- Direct terminations
- Testing and fault finding
Please note whereas the majority of assessments are conducted in class. The student is required to complete a short
research project outside of the class room environment which they submit via the online learning management system.
- Knowledge Based Assessment (Completed on the Learning Management System)
- Practical Assessments and Observations
- Verbal Questioning
- Research Assessment Task (KBA – Done outside of the class room environment)
There are no pre-requisites to attend the course but it is recommended that a student has completed an Open Registration before attending
$1200 – (GST not applicable)