Certificate IV in Telecommunications Engineering Technology
Course OutlineThis nationally recognised qualification is the ideal traineeship for technicians and electricians who wish to upskill to take advantage of emerging technologies associated with the NBN, smart wiring installations or commercial based IP systems. There are no technical pre-requisites to participate in this traineeship.
This qualification is quite diverse as it covers a wide range of industries and job outcomes. Comtech Training understand that a one size fits all approach to training is not practical in today’s technical environment, the diverse range of jobs and technical skills requires technicians to have different skill sets to be able to competently complete a task and understand the ever-changing technical environment.
The qualification can also be structured based on the individual requirement of an enterprise.
- a qualification at AQF level 2 or 3 in telecommunications from the ICT Information and Communications Technology Training Package or the ICT10 Integrated Telecommunications Training Package and certified evidence of at least 700 hours of work experience within the related scope of the qualification, which may have occurred concurrent with or after the qualification was achieved.
- a qualification at AQF level 2 or 3 in electrotechnology from the UEE Electrotechnology Training Package and certified evidence of at least 700 hours of work experience within the related scope of the qualification, which may have occurred concurrent with or after the qualification was achieved.
- a current unrestricted electrical licence from any Australian State or Territory electrical regulator
- a qualification at AQF level 2 or 3 in telecommunications from the ICT Information and Communications Technology Training Package and enrolment in the ICT41219 Certificate IV in Telecommunications Engineering Technology as part of a traineeship or apprenticeship program or concurrently employed within the ICT industry.
- open registration as an ACMA registered cabler with certified evidence of at least 2100 hours of work experience within the customer premises doing cabling or telecommunications carrier work.
Course 1 Address customer and business requirementsICTICT401 Determine and confirm client business requirements
ICTCBL401 Prepare design drawings and specification for a cable installation
ICTPMG403 Manage the delivery of network infrastructure.
Course 2 Build and maintain an IP system.ICTTEN416 Install, configure and test an internet protocol network
ICTTEN417 Install, configure and test a router
ICTTEN420 Design, install and configure an internetwork
ICTNWK404 Install, operate and troubleshoot a small enterprise branch network.
Course 3 Build and maintain a wireless network.ICTRFN407 Conduct radio frequency measurements
ICTNWK410 Install hardware to a network
ICTNWK417 Build an enterprise wireless network
ICTTEN409 Commission an electronic system
ICTNWK421 Install, configure and test network security.
Course 4 Repair and fault find a network.ICTTEN208 Use electrical skills when working with telecommunications networks
ICTTEN435 Solve electrical-based telecommunications circuitry and cabling problems
ICTSAS410 Identify and resolve client ICT problems
ICTTEN410 Locate, diagnose and rectify faults
ICTTEN414 Repair telecommunication system faults.
Course DeliveryOn successful completion of this course, the student will be awarded a full Certificate IV in Telecommunications Engineering Technology (ICT41219)
Where can I study?Comtech has training facilities at the following locations:
- WA – Welshpool
- VIC – Port Melbourne
- NSW – Homebush
- QLD – Salisbury
- SA – Adelaide