Introduction to Cyber Security Skill Set
Comtech Training in conjunction with the WA Department of Training and Workforce Development is offering this Introduction to Cyber Security Skill Set.
This is a unique opportunity to partake in a fee-free State Government funded two weeks or 20 evening training course to learn the basics of network engineering and cyber security.
This $2000 training course is fee-free for anyone between the ages of 15-24 (excluding school students) whether employed or unemployed.
If you are outside of this age group the course is still subsidised with your contribution being $324 and the government paying $1676. (the $324 can be paid over 8 weeks)
As more and more takes place online, the need for skilled workers to protect our online safety and security increases.
This Introduction to Cyber Security Skill Set covers critical skills and knowledge to get you job-ready in an exponentially growing industry. You will learn how to manage personal and sensitive data and information confidentially and professionally. Upon completing this course, you will recognise and identify cyber security needs in an organisation and undertake security fundamentals concerning personal and networked computers. In addition, you will have the skills to apply professional and ethical conduct in an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) workplace.
This course is an excellent introduction to Network Engineering, allowing a student to make an informed decision on the type of career path they would like to pursue in the telecommunications or electronic security industry.
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- ICTICT418 Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
- VU21990 Recognise the need for cyber security in an organisation (security essentials)
- VU21993 Secure a networked personal computer (security fundamentals)
This course is delivered face to face in our purpose-built training centre.
It is run over 10 days, Monday to Friday starting at 8.00 am and finishing at 4.30 pm.
or 20 evenings, starting at 5:00 pm and finishing at 9:00 pm
Full time course runs for two weeks (10 days)
Part time course runs 2 night per week for 10 weeks (20 evenings – Tuesdays and Thursdays)
This course is heavily subsidised by the WA State Government through the Department of Work force training and development (DTWD)
There are two payment types
1. Fee-free training must meet eligibility criteria below
2. Subsidised training
Eligibility criteria for fee-free training:
- Are you aged between 15-24 years and not enrolled in secondary school?
- Are you receiving JobSeeker or JobKeeper?
- Are you receiving or a dependent of a person receiving Youth Allowance, AUSTUDY or ABSTUDY?
- Do you hold, or are you a dependent of a person who holds:
- a Pensioner Concession Card or Health Care Card; or
- a Repatriation Health Benefits Card issued by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs?
- Are you a dependent of persons who are inmates of a custodial institution?
If you answered yes to any of the above eligibility requirements, you will be eligible for fee-free training.
Please note students attending high school do not qualify for any subsidies
If you did not answer yes, you are still eligible to complete the training, please see the fee table below.
|Eligible for fee-free training||No charge|
|Eligible for subsidised training||$324|
Conditions apply, please contact us for more information.
The Student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees may apply such as Student service and resource fees.
|Name||Course Start Date||Course End Date||Cost|
|WA – AE382 – Introduction to Cyber Security Skill Set – Enrolments Part Time||31/05/2022||04/08/2022||$0.00|