Certificate III in Telecommunications Network Build and Operation
This Qualification is designed for students wanting to formalise their training and work in the telecommunications industry.
Telecommunications is one of the fastest growing industries in the world and offers a hugely diverse range of career opportunities. Possible career paths for telecommunications cabling professionals include:
- Telecommunications network equipment installer
- Telecommunications voice and data equipment installer
- Telecommunications equipment operator
- Telecommunications tradesperson.
There are no entry requirements for this course. However, Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LLN) Assessments will be undertaken upon commencement to determine if any additional support strategies are required.
Course OutcomesOn successful completion of this course, students will be awarded a ICT30419 Certificate III in Telecommunications Network Build and Operation.
Together with job-ready skills, this qualification prepares students to begin, or advance, a career in Telecommunications in Australia.What Skills will I obtain?
The technical skills gained from this qualification can be used in multiple industries in the Telecommunications sector. The course has been designed with unit groupings based on specific job outcomes, for example:
- Cabling Technician Internal Networks
- Cabling Technician External Networks
Delivery of this qualification is logically grouped into a series of short courses, or 'blocks'. Below is an explanation of each block including the related learning outcomes:Prerequisite Units (online plus 1 day in class)
1. ICTWHS204 Follow work health and safety and environmental policy and procedures
2. ICTTEN202 Use hand and power tools
3. ICTTEN208 Use electrical skills when working with telecommunications networks.
These course units represent the underpinning knowledge required by any person entering a technical industry. They are at a Certificate II level and have been developed to support new entrants into the industry.Cabling Registration (online plus 4 days in class)
4. ICTCBL246 Install, maintain and modify customer premises communications cabling: ACMA Restricted Rule
5. ICTCBL247 Install, maintain and modify customer premises communications cabling: ACMA Open Rule
In order to legally work on the Australian Telecommunications, network a technician is required to hold a cabling registration (license). This course provides a trainee with the knowledge component to apply for that cabling registration.Cabling Endorsements (online plus 5 days in class – including Telecommunication Services)
6. ICTCBL301 Install, terminate and certify structured cabling installation
7. ICTCBL322 Install, test and terminate optical fibre cable on customer premises
8. ICTCBL303 Install and terminate coaxial cable.
This course provides the technician with the skills and knowledge to install specialist cabling systems such a UTP (Cat 5&6), Optical Fibre and Coaxial cable. Successful completion of this course allows a technician to add the specialist endorsements to their cabling registration.Telecommunication Services (included in the 5 days for Cabling Endorsements or External Fibre)
9. ICTTEN315 Determine and apply technologies within a telecommunications system
10. ICTWOR308 Provide customer service to telecommunications customers.
Now that a trainee has the technical knowledge to work on a network it is important to learn such skills as understanding technologies and how to use that knowledge to provide a high level of customer service.External Fibre (online plus 5 days in class – including Telecommunication Services)
11. ICTTEN318 Inspect, clean and handle optical fibre cable and connectors
12. ICTCBL330 Splice and terminate optical fibre cable for telecommunications projects
13. ICTBWN307 Use optical measuring instruments.
Rectifying Network Faults
14. ICTTEN317 Locate, identify and rectify telecommunications network faults
Course DeliveryWhere can I study?
Comtech Training has specialist training facilities at the following locations:
- WA – Welshpool
- VIC – Port Melbourne
- TAS – Hobart and Launceston
- NSW – Homebush
- QLD – Springwood
- SA – Regency Road
- ACT – Queanbeyan
The nominal duration for the Certificate III in Telecommunications is 12-24 months (depending on the jurisdiction). Depending on the study mode and any RPL given, the course duration may be shortened.
Total course fees for the fee-for-service (full fee-paying) students is $4000.00 (GST not applicable). This includes a non-refundable tuition fee that must be paid upon course approval. The balance of the tuition fee can be paid in installments.
Government funding may be available in your state. Terms and conditions apply. Please contact us so we can ascertain your eligibility for access to funding.
Funded Training in NSW
Training under the NSW JobTrainer initiative is fee-free and fully funded by the NSW and Commonwealth governments. For more information visit our page at:https://comtech.edu.au/nsw-jobtrainer-skilling-for-recovery/
|Name||Course Start Date||Course End Date||Cost|
|NSW – ICT30419 Certificate III in Telecommunications Network Build and Operation – Enrolments||01/03/2023||31/12/2023||$4,000.00|