3. Structured Cabling Endorsement
This Structured Cabling Endorsement Course (SCS) is a competency-based course that will allow a technician to obtain an SCS endorsement on their Open Registration Card.This course is defined under the Australian Qualifications Training Framework. (ATQF) It is a prerequisite course for technicians who wish to install structured cabling in commercial buildings for Computer and Telecommunications Networks including but not limited to Category 5 and Category 6 UTP. This course also suits Security Technicians who install UTP cable as part of a network for IP CCTV.
- Understanding Digital Transmission
- UTP, FTP, shielding, earthing
- Structured Cabling Components
- Connector types and modules
- Categories and Transmission Performance
- Installation Practices
- Terminating KRONE and 110 Systems
- Class C, Class D, Class E Permanent Links including Channel Testing requirements and techniques
Course Deliveryhis course forms part of a complete Combined Endorsement course and makes up the first 2 days or 4 evenings of that course.
There are two ways to complete this course
- Full Time – 2 days 8:00am – 4:30 pm
- Part Time – 4 nights (2 nights per week) 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Course Cost$750 (GST Not applicable)
This course can be paid off in 8 easy instalments by using debit success – the total cost is $ 794.48
Duration: 8 weekly instalments of $98.06 plus a once-off $10 establishment fee
You can apply for the easy payment option once you have submitted your enrolment form. If your application for the easy payment plan is for any reason declined you have the option to cancel the course without incurring any fees.