5. Coaxial Cabling Endorsement
Course outlineThis Coaxial Cabling Course (COAX) is a competency-based course that will allow a technician to obtain a Coaxial endorsement on their Open Registration Card.
This course is defined under the Australian Qualifications Training Framework. (ATQF) It is a prerequisite course for technicians who wish to install Coaxial cabling in commercial buildings for Telecommunications Networks.
Students must have completed an Open Registration Course prior to registering for this course.
Course Outcome On successful completion the student will be awarded a certificate of attainment for unit ICTCBL303 Install and terminate coaxial cable which can also be used towards a Certificate III in Telecommunications.
Course DeliveryThis course is for experienced technicians who have already completed an Open Registration course as it is primarily delivered online coupled with an in-class theory and practical assessment. The process is as follows:
- Student completes the online reading Module.
- Student completes the associated PowerPoint presentation.
- Student completes the theory assessment in class.
- Student completes the practical assessment in class.