Comtech Training is continually monitoring the advice from Federal and State Governments and ASQA regarding the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak.
Given the current information, Comtech Training has implemented the following protection measures and will continually update these as the situation progresses:
- Student sign in sheets will be suspended until further notice. Signing in and out will be undertaken verbally and noted by a Comtech Training Trainer
- Class sizes will be limited to allow for at least 1.5 metres between each student (one student per desk where possible) and to ensure that at least 4 square metres is allowed per person in each room
- Each training centre will have hygiene stations
- Classroom doors will be left open to reduce the need to touch door handles
- All desks, counters and common areas will be disinfected on a daily basis including: door handles and fridge doors
- Staff awareness training on COVID-19 is ongoing
- Information regarding preventing transmission of the virus i.e. hand washing has been placed in all common areas
We would like to remind our clients and students that the Australian Government has declared a 14 day self-quarantine for overseas travelers.
If you have been overseas you must self-quarantine for 14 days from the date you left the overseas country.
As a student, if you meet any of the below criteria you must not attend any training courses at any facility:
- Those who have tested positive for COVID-19 must not attend any courses until they have been provided with medical clearance
- People who have traveled in the last 14 days prior to their course date to a country or region at High or Moderate risk for COVID-19
- Those who have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has been directed to self-quarantine for 14 days
There are 5 ways we can all help stop the spread of viruses:
- Clean your hands regularly with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rubs
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or bent elbow when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching your face, nose and mouth. And avoid shaking hands
- Stay home if you are unwell
- Avoid contact with anyone who is unwell – try to stay 1.5m away from anyone coughing or sneezing
If you need to reschedule any of your booked training, please contact us on 1300 371 130 or email [email protected]
PLEASE NOTE: There are NO fees attached to moving your booking to a later date with us.